Thursday, November 24, 2011

"We Did It!"

The girls both went through a Dora the Explorer stage. They sang the "We did it" song over and over at the top of their voices. They went around high-fiving whoever was in the room.

That was the scene in my house today, only it wasn't a four-year-old little girl cheering her accomplishment, it was me, a thirty-eight-year-old woman, high-fiving my Keithy and my babies as we celebrated eating our first GFCF Thanksgiving meal.

It was a great success for the first GFCF Thanksgiving! We had turkey, we had dressing, we had DINNER ROLLS, we had sweet potato casserole, we had mashed potatoes, we had green bean casserole AND, most importantly, we had PUMPKIN PIE!!!! Yes, GFCF pumpkin pie that actually tasted like pumpkin pie. It was awesome. It was thick, rich, creamy and pumpkiny, It was perfect. By far it was my favorite pumpkin pie recipe.

The dinner rolls rocked, too. That was another part of the dinner that had to work. Keith loves bread. He loves dinner rolls. And he loves to eat. So, the rolls had to be perfect. And they were.

I'll post pictures later, along with websites that have the recipes.

But now, I must watch the movie Elf with McKenzie. After all, it is Thanksgiving night- the beginning of the Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment