Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thanksgiving Day Showdown

Well, the holiday season is upon us, and this year we will be celebrating Thanksgiving completely GFCF. I am so nervous! My mom, my sister and her family will be here with us, and they are completely supportive of our GFCF lifestyle. But I want to rock their world with how great the meal is.

Isn't it funny how strongly we attach food to the holidays?

I have searched everywhere for ideas and recipes that will become our new favorites, and for some that will replace the old non-GFCF favorites. I have the turkey, sweet potatoes, praline pumpkin pie, green bean casserole and cinnamon rolls recipes all lined out. Still looking for dinner rolls.

I also don't want to spend the whole day stressed out in the kitchen and away from family. I am going to start making some things tomorrow.

I know the holiday season is about more than food, but, my perfectionism is kicking in again. It really is a curse. No, seriously, it's an insecurity. Would the day be a failure if we ate peanut butter sandwiches? That may be an exaggeration, but you get the point.

I hope you all have a very happy Thanksgiving Day! Remember to watch Santa ride in on his sleigh in the Macy's parade. Remember to hug your family members. Remember to thank God for all that He has done for you, and all that He will do in the future. And remember to thank Him for His great love for you!

Happy Turkey Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment