Monday, October 31, 2011

You Sure Are Excited About That Hamburger!

I love the 4th of July. I love the fireworks, the parties and the food. I look forward to it every year. This year we hosted our small group, a.k.a. the best small group ever, for a 4th of July party on Sunday night. I was really amp'ed up because I had not been able to find GFCF hamburger buns and I was on a mission that our kids would not have to miss out on any of the food fun.

I found a recipe for Baily Bread from Silvana Nardone's cookbook Cooking For Isaiah. This is a picture of the tasty result. My friend, Kim, laughed at me as I described every bite in detail to her. Her comment to me was "You sure are excited about that hamburger."

She was right!



My GFCF July 4th feast
 We have the best small group in the world. They all agreed to make every Sunday night GFCF night so that our kids could eat the same food as the rest of the members.


 
We had a BIG party!!







Clay enjoying his GFCF Root Beer Float- made with Barq's Root Beer and Vanilla Rice Milk Ice Cream




My precious Keithy bought a ton of fireworks for the kids. They jumped on the trampoline and watched the fireworks and had the best time.

So our first GFCF July 4th celebration was a huge success!


No comments:

Post a Comment