Monday, October 31, 2011

Branson Vacation

We met with Keith's parents in Branson during July 4th week for a family vacation. It was our first GFCF experience away from home.

Needless to say, it was stressful. I didn't have my recipes. I didn't have my resources. I didn't know which restaurants were GFCF and where to find GFCF products. Karen and I made a trip to the grocery store the very first night and bought a ton of food. And an ice cooler to take snacks in while we were on the lake or at Silver Dollar City. The kids and Keith were not stressed about it at all, but it was overwhelming to me.

I still haven't figured out in my mind how to take stress free GFCF vacations. But I went home and bought a convection toaster oven that will be making the trips with me. Lesson learned!

McKenzie putting July 4th tatoos on Kylie's arms and cheeks.

Outside of Cracker Barrel

View of fireworks from our balcony


McKenzie always gets asked to be in the magic shows at Silver Dollar City



Kylie loved the rides. She wanted to ride anything that she was tall enough to ride. She is so much like her daddy!



Clay kept saying "I gotta have me some seafood". We went to Joe's Crab Shack and all of us had our first lunch with Crab Legs. It was a huge, expensive success! The kids are spoiled.

At Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede
Playing cards on the balcony

The Kilmer Kids with Meme and Papa

No comments:

Post a Comment