Thursday, November 3, 2011

Homemade Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in Halloween Shapes

I have a new obsession- pinterest. It is awesome. I have gotten so many cool ideas from it.

Here are some pictures of my first pinterest project.

I am so proud!!!!

I was craving Reese's peanut butter cups. They have casein, but not gluten, so Kenzie can have them, but not Clay or Kylie. It's just not right- growing up without Reese's.

So you can imagine how happy I was when I found a recipe on pinterest for homemade Reese's peanut butter cups! The original post shapes the cups into Easter eggs.

Here is the link to original post for DIY Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs:

http://thewhimsicalprincess.blogspot.com/2011/03/diy-reese-peanut-butter-egg.html

I haven't met the Whimsical Princess, but I can't thank her enough. This is one great recipe.

However, it is Fall, and we were about to celebrate Halloween, not Easter. I didn't need egg shapes, I needed spooks.

Thank you Hobby Lobby!

My arsenal- peanut butter, powdered sugar and Halloween cookie cutters from Hobby Lobby

Check out the recipe on the Whimsical Princess's blogspot. It is SO worth it!!
My little peanut butter shapes: witches hats, ghosts, pumpkins, skeletons and more!
They look even better dipped in chocolate!
A close up view of our new Halloween favorite!
Needless to say, the kids were beyond thrilled! They LOVED these peanut butter/chocolate ghouls.

And all was right in the world, because Clay and Kylie will now know the joys of a Reese's peanut butter cup- without the casein!

No comments:

Post a Comment