Sunday, January 20, 2013

Kilmer's Christmas Card 2012

Well, here it is, January 20th, 2013, and, once again, the Kilmer Clan did not get it together to get a Christmas card out this year, unless you are a member at Robinson Avenue, then you did get a card with the help of our church "postal" service. So I wanted to give you some updates on our family via blog-land.

My Keithy passed a major milestone this past year. He turned 40!!! We celebrated with a quiet dinner for two, just like he wanted. No big parties, no big celebrations. You know Keith doesn't like to have a bunch of attention on him. Which is why I threw the biggest party of his life and invited every church member to celebrate with us! It was awesome. Many thanks to my sister and several of my buddies at Robinson who helped make that happen! He was a good sport about it and looks forward to his revenge this October.

Clay started middle school at Hellstern this fall. He is totally rockin' it! We are so proud of him and how well he has transitioned to middle school. He also attended Green Valley Bible Camp this past summer. He is already looking forward to going back this year! The other big change is his haircut- he is no longer letting mom pick out his haircuts, no, he is choosing the latest in teen hair fashion all on his own, whether I like it or not!

McKenzie is in 4th grade, and started the school year in crutches and ended the semester with an arm cast. Seriously! She fell off a skateboard in August, breaking her toe, then tripped at recess in December, breaking her arm. She is all into Harry Potter anything and everything. In between bone breaking she takes gymnastic lessons and will start guitar lessons this winter.

Kylie Grace turned 5 and is doing very well. She has been on prophylactic antibiotic therapy for one year now and this has kept her much healthier overall. She just started gymnastics which is a great fit for her. She still has more energy in her than all of us combined, and Keith and I are grateful that Clay and Kenzie are such great siblings and help us out a lot!

Eve the puppy has a new playmate. Percy the kitten came to live with us this fall. He is a great mouser, which is why he was adopted into our home. But he is the sweetest little kitten and loves to cuddle with me and Kenzie. He allows Kylie to carry him around like a baby. But he is really cute with Eve. They run and play and you can tell that both of them are loving each other's company. We also got a Betta fish named Melody, and Percy sits by her tank every night, just staring. I love our Kilmer Zoo!

As for me, my migraines are still hanging around, but God continues to use this very annoying situation to show me different facets of His nature. I am humbled at the outpouring of His love that He continues to show me by giving me such wonderful friends. I have had the opportunity to get to know some lovely people better just because we share the same health concerns. I continually thank God for the gift He has given me in my co-workers. They are a true blessing. Our church family is another blessing, and I thank God daily for the sisterhood that He has given me here. So, while, yes, I am major annoyed that I have "symptoms without a clear explanation", I am learning many lessons that, hopefully, I will allow God to use in my life to only draw me closer to Him.

Finally, to close the update, I have to mention that, in 2012, we FINALLY took the Disney vacation that we had been planning to take for years. It was SO MUCH FUN! A little difficult for me at first, because I have to say, I had expected the trip to be like it was 6 years ago, with McKenzie wide-eyed and so much in love with the princesses and Clay daring to ride anything he was tall enough to ride. I figured nothing had changed except Kylie would be with us, and she would be just as happy to meet the princesses as Kenzie was. Well, for starters, Kenzie is no longer 3 years old. The only character she wanted to stand in line to meet was Gaston, and all she wanted to do was SHOP. Clay met a girl, exchanged email addresses and they still are emailing each other daily. Kylie rode everything she could, not once, not twice, but as many times as we would let her. She was very shy during the character meetings, which surprised me a little. But the most fun awakening I had was realizing that we are finally at a stage when all five of us can ride the rides together and no one needs a nap, except maybe me and Keith. We had a blast and I cannot thank Lana Moore enough for helping us plan the trip. She is a friend of mine from Harding and works for Disney Travel, so if you are going any time soon, email me and I'll give you her number. She's awesome!

I hope you all are in good health and that God's blessings are apparent in your lives. May we all know Him more fully in 2013.

Grace and peace,
M


No comments:

Post a Comment